That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
Archive for authorAnindita Mukherjee
Anindita is a lawyer, fresh out of NALSAR University of Law as of mid- 2015, presently working as a research consultant with the Centre for Legal Philosophy and Justice Education at NALSAR and with Hyderabad Urban Lab.
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(185,139 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,501 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,008 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,529 views)
- Different(15,349 views)