That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
Archive for authorAnindita Mukherjee
Anindita is a lawyer, fresh out of NALSAR University of Law as of mid- 2015, presently working as a research consultant with the Centre for Legal Philosophy and Justice Education at NALSAR and with Hyderabad Urban Lab.
- Collective Statement by The Queer Muslim Project on Abrogation of Article 370 Aug 8 2019
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(189,667 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,701 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,039 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,569 views)
- Different(15,442 views)