Archive for authorAniruddhan Vasudevan
Aniruddhan Vasudevan is a performer, writer and activist from Chennai, India. He is passionate and vocal about issues around gender, sexuality, social justice, and human rights. Aniruddhan is a founder of The Shakti Resource Center, a non-profit set-up working to further the discourse on these issues. Writings in English - தமிழ் படைப்புகள்
Guilt, a poem by Aniruddhan Vasudevan
A poem by Aniruddhan Vasudevan
After the concert when I went to do my pranaams to Ma, her foster son remarked to her in Bangla, Ma! Look at this child! What bhakti! She looked into my eyes while she answered him, No! It is more than Bhakti. I was glad someone understood it and my eyes went watery.
Despite the existence of desi queer collectives and communities here in DC, the responses and reactions of many Americans (both white and black people) to the visible presence of a queer person coming from India (me, in this case) have been a wee bit strange for me.
Aniruddhan talks about his attraction to men in this story.
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Seeking participants for online survey of cis gay/bi men above 40 in India Mar 1 2019
- Nandini Krishnan’s ‘Invisible Men’ and the not-so-invisible Trans Men: a timeline
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(178,006 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,236 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,977 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,471 views)
- Different(15,338 views)