Archive for authorAniruddhan Vasudevan
Aniruddhan Vasudevan is a performer, writer and activist from Chennai, India. He is passionate and vocal about issues around gender, sexuality, social justice, and human rights. Aniruddhan is a founder of The Shakti Resource Center, a non-profit set-up working to further the discourse on these issues. Writings in English - தமிழ் படைப்புகள்
Guilt, a poem by Aniruddhan Vasudevan
A poem by Aniruddhan Vasudevan
After the concert when I went to do my pranaams to Ma, her foster son remarked to her in Bangla, Ma! Look at this child! What bhakti! She looked into my eyes while she answered him, No! It is more than Bhakti. I was glad someone understood it and my eyes went watery.
Despite the existence of desi queer collectives and communities here in DC, the responses and reactions of many Americans (both white and black people) to the visible presence of a queer person coming from India (me, in this case) have been a wee bit strange for me.
Aniruddhan talks about his attraction to men in this story.
- Out, Proud and Liberated: Reflections of a former officer in the Indian Army Jul 1 2020
- [podcast] Colours of Pride: A Talk on Gender, Sex and Sexuality Jun 29 2020
- My closet: safe haven, graveyard of dreams Apr 21 2020
- Locked Down in the Time of COVID-19: Safety and Self-Care for Queer and Trans Persons Apr 13 2020
- Financial support for queer people impacted by corona virus-induced lockdown Mar 29 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(204,890 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,603 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,182 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,810 views)
- Different(15,495 views)