Reflections on India's UN vote, the Supreme Court clarification on LGB inclusion within T, and the anniversary of Naz (2009) ruling on Sec 377.
Archive for authorDanish Sheikh
Danish Sheikh graduated from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, following which he pursued a master’s degree at the University of Michigan Law School on a Michigan Grotius Fellowship. He primarily works on research and advocacy relating to Gender and Sexuality law along with issues relating to Free Speech and Access to Knowledge. He is also interested in pedagogy, and has taught courses in Law and Literature, Law and Popular Culture and Media Law.
On 24th April 2015, the Rajya Sabha unanimously passed the "Rights of Transgender Persons Bill 2014". This primer described whom the bill covers, what are the rights guaranteed under the bill, who are the duty bearers under the law and what is the enforcement mechanism. Written by Danish Sheikh.
- My Boyfriend is a Scam 1 Comment
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள் 55 Comments
- Ghosts of things past: a male rape survivor speaks 32 Comments
- My Bisexual Story: Suri 35 Comments
- Dharun and Ravi: Two Different Worlds 35 Comments
- Once Upon a Time: Fairy Tales for the Queer Desi 34 Comments