Reflections on India's UN vote, the Supreme Court clarification on LGB inclusion within T, and the anniversary of Naz (2009) ruling on Sec 377.
Archive for authorDanish Sheikh
Danish Sheikh graduated from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, following which he pursued a master’s degree at the University of Michigan Law School on a Michigan Grotius Fellowship. He primarily works on research and advocacy relating to Gender and Sexuality law along with issues relating to Free Speech and Access to Knowledge. He is also interested in pedagogy, and has taught courses in Law and Literature, Law and Popular Culture and Media Law.
On 24th April 2015, the Rajya Sabha unanimously passed the "Rights of Transgender Persons Bill 2014". This primer described whom the bill covers, what are the rights guaranteed under the bill, who are the duty bearers under the law and what is the enforcement mechanism. Written by Danish Sheikh.
- Experiences of Queer Students During their School Life in India Apr 8 2017
- How the Anti- Discrimination and Equality Bill affects the LGBT Community and Those Perceived to Belong to the LGBT Community Apr 3 2017
- from Chennai, an anthem for lesbian love Apr 2 2017
- Gauri, Gayatri, and the Vicks ad Mar 30 2017
- Xukia takes on transphobic news editor in Assam
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(70,130 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,194 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(41,753 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,444 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,361 views)