Reflections on India's UN vote, the Supreme Court clarification on LGB inclusion within T, and the anniversary of Naz (2009) ruling on Sec 377.
Archive for authorDanish Sheikh
Danish Sheikh graduated from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, following which he pursued a master’s degree at the University of Michigan Law School on a Michigan Grotius Fellowship. He primarily works on research and advocacy relating to Gender and Sexuality law along with issues relating to Free Speech and Access to Knowledge. He is also interested in pedagogy, and has taught courses in Law and Literature, Law and Popular Culture and Media Law.
On 24th April 2015, the Rajya Sabha unanimously passed the "Rights of Transgender Persons Bill 2014". This primer described whom the bill covers, what are the rights guaranteed under the bill, who are the duty bearers under the law and what is the enforcement mechanism. Written by Danish Sheikh.
- Collective Statement by The Queer Muslim Project on Abrogation of Article 370 Aug 8 2019
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(189,598 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,699 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,039 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,568 views)
- Different(15,442 views)