Jo, a gay woman and doctoral student in Chennai, reflects on the struggle to be true to oneself and one's love, against all odds.
Archive for authorJo
Jo is a doctoral student at the Indian Institute of Technology. Beyond her academic research on cancer studies, she loves researching the philosophies and psychologies of random people. Jo has recently realised her sapphic identity but absolutely hates labels. Her strength and motivation to go through this hetero world comes from her partner.
- Film review: Subverting Bollywood Romance in Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Feb 11 2019
- Narthaki Nataraj: India’s first trans Padma awardee Jan 27 2019
- Collective Statement against the Anti-LGBTQIA+ legislations in India Dec 27 2018
- Chennai: Summer of 2004 Dec 25 2018
- Trans, Gender NonConforming and Intersex Collectives Strongly Condemn Kinnar Akhada’s Support for Ram Temple at Ayodhya, India Nov 24 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(164,746 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,941 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,902 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,420 views)
- Different(15,296 views)