Jo, a gay woman and doctoral student in Chennai, reflects on the struggle to be true to oneself and one's love, against all odds.
Archive for authorJo
Jo is a doctoral student at the Indian Institute of Technology. Beyond her academic research on cancer studies, she loves researching the philosophies and psychologies of random people. Jo has recently realised her sapphic identity but absolutely hates labels. Her strength and motivation to go through this hetero world comes from her partner.
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Seeking participants for online survey of cis gay/bi men above 40 in India Mar 1 2019
- Nandini Krishnan’s ‘Invisible Men’ and the not-so-invisible Trans Men: a timeline
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(178,386 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,249 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,978 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,473 views)
- Different(15,338 views)