Jo, a gay woman and doctoral student in Chennai, reflects on the struggle to be true to oneself and one's love, against all odds.
Archive for authorJo
Jo is a doctoral student at the Indian Institute of Technology. Beyond her academic research on cancer studies, she loves researching the philosophies and psychologies of random people. Jo has recently realised her sapphic identity but absolutely hates labels. Her strength and motivation to go through this hetero world comes from her partner.
- [film review] ‘Marielle’s legacy will not die’: a viewpoint from India Jul 15 2020
- Out, Proud and Liberated: Reflections of a former officer in the Indian Army Jul 1 2020
- [podcast] Colours of Pride: A Talk on Gender, Sex and Sexuality Jun 29 2020
- My closet: safe haven, graveyard of dreams Apr 21 2020
- Locked Down in the Time of COVID-19: Safety and Self-Care for Queer and Trans Persons Apr 13 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(205,748 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,665 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,187 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,837 views)
- Different(15,496 views)