Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Archive for authorLiving Smile Vidya
Living Smile Vidya - Smiley to friends - is an accomplished writer, theatre actor, director and artist. She received the Charles Wallace 2013 scholarship to study theatre in the UK. Her autobiography 'I am Vidya' has been translated from the Tamil original to English, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Assamese. Her drawings - based on her lived experience as a transwoman and her feminist perspective - have been exhibited in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
- Experiences of Queer Students During their School Life in India Apr 8 2017
- How the Anti- Discrimination and Equality Bill affects the LGBT Community and Those Perceived to Belong to the LGBT Community Apr 3 2017
- from Chennai, an anthem for lesbian love Apr 2 2017
- Gauri, Gayatri, and the Vicks ad Mar 30 2017
- Xukia takes on transphobic news editor in Assam
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(70,129 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,194 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(41,753 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,444 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,361 views)