Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Archive for authorLiving Smile Vidya
Living Smile Vidya - Smiley to friends - is an accomplished writer, theatre actor, director and artist. She received the Charles Wallace 2013 scholarship to study theatre in the UK. Her autobiography 'I am Vidya' has been translated from the Tamil original to English, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Assamese. Her drawings - based on her lived experience as a transwoman and her feminist perspective - have been exhibited in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
- [poem] Semblance of an Ode to Desire… Oct 10 2020
- Madras Week 2020: Tales of the Queer City Sep 2 2020
- [film review] ‘Marielle’s legacy will not die’: a viewpoint from India Jul 15 2020
- Out, Proud and Liberated: Reflections of a former officer in the Indian Army Jul 1 2020
- [podcast] Colours of Pride: A Talk on Gender, Sex and Sexuality Jun 29 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(207,408 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,805 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,230 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,885 views)
- Different(15,501 views)