Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Archive for authorLiving Smile Vidya
Living Smile Vidya - Smiley to friends - is an accomplished writer, theatre actor, director and artist. She received the Charles Wallace 2013 scholarship to study theatre in the UK. Her autobiography 'I am Vidya' has been translated from the Tamil original to English, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Assamese. Her drawings - based on her lived experience as a transwoman and her feminist perspective - have been exhibited in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
- 6-9-18: Message from a father Sep 9 2018
- Minuscule Minorities, #StandWithKerala Aug 20 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(150,810 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,561 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,842 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,364 views)
- Different(15,217 views)