Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Archive for authorLiving Smile Vidya
Living Smile Vidya - Smiley to friends - is an accomplished writer, theatre actor, director and artist. She received the Charles Wallace 2013 scholarship to study theatre in the UK. Her autobiography 'I am Vidya' has been translated from the Tamil original to English, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Assamese. Her drawings - based on her lived experience as a transwoman and her feminist perspective - have been exhibited in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(185,128 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,499 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,008 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,529 views)
- Different(15,349 views)