Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Archive for authorLiving Smile Vidya
Living Smile Vidya - Smiley to friends - is an accomplished writer, theatre actor, director and artist. She received the Charles Wallace 2013 scholarship to study theatre in the UK. Her autobiography 'I am Vidya' has been translated from the Tamil original to English, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Assamese. Her drawings - based on her lived experience as a transwoman and her feminist perspective - have been exhibited in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
- Trans, Gender NonConforming and Intersex Collectives Strongly Condemn Kinnar Akhada’s Support for Ram Temple at Ayodhya, India Nov 24 2018
- Remembering Anannya Krishnan: TDOR 2018 Nov 20 2018
- Why we need to talk about Puliyagulam Selvaraj, father of Pariyerum Perumal Nov 12 2018
- Transgender-Affirming Guidelines for Indian Workplaces Nov 3 2018
- 6-9-18: Message from a father Sep 9 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(158,803 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,742 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,872 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,373 views)
- Different(15,231 views)