Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Archive for authorLiving Smile Vidya
Living Smile Vidya - Smiley to friends - is an accomplished writer, theatre actor, director and artist. She received the Charles Wallace 2013 scholarship to study theatre in the UK. Her autobiography 'I am Vidya' has been translated from the Tamil original to English, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Assamese. Her drawings - based on her lived experience as a transwoman and her feminist perspective - have been exhibited in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
- My closet: safe haven, graveyard of dreams Apr 21 2020
- Locked Down in the Time of COVID-19: Safety and Self-Care for Queer and Trans Persons Apr 13 2020
- Financial support for queer people impacted by corona virus-induced lockdown Mar 29 2020
- Lotus Zine Vol 1 : Anthology of South Asian LGBT+ art and literature Feb 12 2020
- “My mother’s smile is as warm as before and I am still my father’s Chinnu”: Alok’s coming out story Jan 1 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(203,475 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,508 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,167 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,782 views)
- Different(15,492 views)