Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Archive for authorLiving Smile Vidya
Living Smile Vidya - Smiley to friends - is an accomplished writer, theatre actor, director and artist. She received the Charles Wallace 2013 scholarship to study theatre in the UK. Her autobiography 'I am Vidya' has been translated from the Tamil original to English, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Assamese. Her drawings - based on her lived experience as a transwoman and her feminist perspective - have been exhibited in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
- Film review: Subverting Bollywood Romance in Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Feb 11 2019
- Narthaki Nataraj: India’s first trans Padma awardee Jan 27 2019
- Collective Statement against the Anti-LGBTQIA+ legislations in India Dec 27 2018
- Chennai: Summer of 2004 Dec 25 2018
- Trans, Gender NonConforming and Intersex Collectives Strongly Condemn Kinnar Akhada’s Support for Ram Temple at Ayodhya, India Nov 24 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(164,745 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,941 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,902 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,420 views)
- Different(15,296 views)