Call for protection of rights of sexual and gender minorities: Rally at Valluvar Kottam, Chennai, January 11, 2014 3-430 PM Tamil Nadu Rainbow Coalition is a network of groups in the state working on human rights and health issues, including…
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
Courtesy TD Sivakumar of Nirangal, we bring you photos of the rally by Christians against Homosexuality that was held at Marina Beach in Chennai on Sunday Jan 5, 2014.
ToI article "Banker murdered by gay lovers" (Chennai ed. Oct 21, 2013) misleadingly reports young men sexually abused as children by adult man as "gay lovers"
South Asian Human Rights Association for Marginalised Sexualities & Genders (SAHRA) seeks expressions of interest from those able to represent the west zone of India: Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
Announcement of the India LGBT Archives meeting to be held Aug 17-18, 2013, in Bengaluru.
- Queer Coimbatore: visible, unabashed, unapologetic Mar 4 2018
- The Glass Closet: queer students’ experiences on Indian higher-ed campuses Nov 6 2017
- Vishal goes to Vivekananda College: a fairy tale Nov 5 2017
- Standing Out Sep 30 2017
- The Right to Privacy: The Promise for full Recognition of Transgender Rights Aug 28 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(130,154 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,274 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(60,102 views)
- என் அக்கா ஒரு லெஸ்பியன்(31,583 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(28,930 views)