Ms. Narthaki Nataraj, transwoman, is the 2011 recipient of the Sangeet Natak Akademi award for Bharatanatyam.
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
Historic United Nations report documents widespread discrimination and violence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people worldwide, and calls on countries to apply the international legal framework to end these human rights violations.
Dr. Anoop Gupta, medical director, Delhi IVF Fertility Research Centre, has pioneered in-vitro fertilization in the country, giving birth to the first test-tube baby in 1994. On Dec 5, 2011, Dr. Gupta was again in the news for helping a pre-operative male-to-female transexual store sperm prior to surgery, in order to enable future options of having a child through surrogacy.
Arun Kumar is a student at Madras Christian College pursuing his Masters of Social Work in Human Resource Management. He is carrying out a survey of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) professionals based in Chennai, who work in the…
- Collective Statement by The Queer Muslim Project on Abrogation of Article 370 Aug 8 2019
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(187,431 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,596 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,021 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,548 views)
- Different(15,435 views)