Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
On Tuesday Feb 22, 2011, TV9's Hyderabad station aired a tasteless, homophobic and dangerous 'expose' of Hyderabad's gay scene.
A group of LGBT folks have come together to launch a LGBT support website targeted towards LGBT people living in smaller towns and rural areas of India.
Dr. Naisargi Dave's Ph.D. dissertation from the University of Michigan (2006) discusses Lesbian and Gay activism in New Delhi, India
Interesting article written in 2003 by Sandip Roy, former editor of Trikone Magazine, on how LGBT Indians and other South Asians have been using the internet to socialize, organize, and form communities.
Click on this image to read the LiveMint's Sept 17, 2010, article on Shobhna Kumar and her Queer Ink online bookstore and publishing initiative Queer Ink, India’s first online bookstore (www.Queer-Ink.com) for everything queer, seeks YOUR stories for an…
In a petition that has just been admitted by the Supreme Court leading academics and professors from across the country have come together to support the Delhi High Court’s decision in the Section 377 case, Naz Foundation v. Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, decriminalizing homosexuality between consenting adults.
Thanks to all who attended the performances of talented SriLankan-Tamil-American performer YaliniDream and guest artists Sharanya Manivannan and Shailja Patel on Jan 29, 2011, at Spaces, Besant Nagar. The event was co-hosted by The Shakti Resource Center and MP/Orinam.Here are some photos and videos of the event.
- Coming out for India: beyond the 377 verdict Jul 14 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- poem: How do we go home? Jun 18 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(140,543 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,301 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,793 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,329 views)
- Different(15,203 views)