A report on Chennai Pride 2011 event "Facing the media".Organized by Asma, this workshop offered guidelines to the LGBT community on how to deal with the media.
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
On Tuesday Feb 22, 2011, TV9's Hyderabad station aired a tasteless, homophobic and dangerous 'expose' of Hyderabad's gay scene.
A group of LGBT folks have come together to launch a LGBT support website targeted towards LGBT people living in smaller towns and rural areas of India.
Dr. Naisargi Dave's Ph.D. dissertation from the University of Michigan (2006) discusses Lesbian and Gay activism in New Delhi, India
Interesting article written in 2003 by Sandip Roy, former editor of Trikone Magazine, on how LGBT Indians and other South Asians have been using the internet to socialize, organize, and form communities.
Click on this image to read the LiveMint's Sept 17, 2010, article on Shobhna Kumar and her Queer Ink online bookstore and publishing initiative Queer Ink, India’s first online bookstore (www.Queer-Ink.com) for everything queer, seeks YOUR stories for an…
- Trans, Gender NonConforming and Intersex Collectives Strongly Condemn Kinnar Akhada’s Support for Ram Temple at Ayodhya, India Nov 24 2018
- Remembering Anannya Krishnan: TDOR 2018 Nov 20 2018
- Why we need to talk about Puliyagulam Selvaraj, father of Pariyerum Perumal Nov 12 2018
- Transgender-Affirming Guidelines for Indian Workplaces Nov 3 2018
- 6-9-18: Message from a father Sep 9 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(158,738 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,742 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,872 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,373 views)
- Different(15,231 views)