Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
William C. Buffie's article about public health benefits of same-sex marriage from June 2011 issue of the American Journal of Public Health, an internationally recognized academic journal.
A group of qualified mental health professionals practicing as psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, behavioral psychologists, social workers and counselors from across the country criticize health minister Azad's homophobic remarks.
Chennai Rainbow Coalition members organized a protest under Sangama's leadership, to condemn health minister Azad's homophobic MSM remarks.
A report on Chennai Pride 2011 event "Facing the media".Organized by Asma, this workshop offered guidelines to the LGBT community on how to deal with the media.
On Tuesday Feb 22, 2011, TV9's Hyderabad station aired a tasteless, homophobic and dangerous 'expose' of Hyderabad's gay scene.
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(184,982 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,491 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,008 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,527 views)
- Different(15,349 views)