In a petition that has just been admitted by the Supreme Court leading academics and professors from across the country have come together to support the Delhi High Court’s decision in the Section 377 case, Naz Foundation v. Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, decriminalizing homosexuality between consenting adults.
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
Thanks to all who attended the performances of talented SriLankan-Tamil-American performer YaliniDream and guest artists Sharanya Manivannan and Shailja Patel on Jan 29, 2011, at Spaces, Besant Nagar. The event was co-hosted by The Shakti Resource Center and MP/Orinam.Here are some photos and videos of the event.
A mother talks about how she came to term with her son's sexuality and why she supports him.
A look at the accomplishments of various Chennai LGBT groups in the year 2009
In this essay Ganesh talks about his attraction to men and his concerns around the reactions his parents might face from relatives and society
Shri writes about how he came out to his parents and how they reacted hearing the big news that their son is Gay.
A mother's take on handling extended family's reaction to her son's coming out.
A letter on marriage, family, social circles, relatives and a father's response.
A mother's experiences when her gay son came out to her.
- Queer Coimbatore: visible, unabashed, unapologetic Mar 4 2018
- The Glass Closet: queer students’ experiences on Indian higher-ed campuses Nov 6 2017
- Vishal goes to Vivekananda College: a fairy tale Nov 5 2017
- Standing Out Sep 30 2017
- The Right to Privacy: The Promise for full Recognition of Transgender Rights Aug 28 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(130,154 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,274 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(60,102 views)
- என் அக்கா ஒரு லெஸ்பியன்(31,583 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(28,930 views)