A mother talks about how she came to term with her son's sexuality and why she supports him.
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
A look at the accomplishments of various Chennai LGBT groups in the year 2009
In this essay Ganesh talks about his attraction to men and his concerns around the reactions his parents might face from relatives and society
Shri writes about how he came out to his parents and how they reacted hearing the big news that their son is Gay.
A mother's take on handling extended family's reaction to her son's coming out.
A letter on marriage, family, social circles, relatives and a father's response.
A mother's experiences when her gay son came out to her.
A Queer auto-biography.
Vijay talks about his attraction to men in this story.
Anil talks about his attraction to men in this story.
- Coming out for India: beyond the 377 verdict Jul 14 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- poem: How do we go home? Jun 18 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(140,543 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,301 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,793 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,329 views)
- Different(15,203 views)