In this essay Ganesh talks about his attraction to men and his concerns around the reactions his parents might face from relatives and society
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
Shri writes about how he came out to his parents and how they reacted hearing the big news that their son is Gay.
A mother's take on handling extended family's reaction to her son's coming out.
A mother's experiences when her gay son came out to her.
A Queer auto-biography.
Vijay talks about his attraction to men in this story.
Anil talks about his attraction to men in this story.
Menon talks about her attraction to both men and women in this story.
Felix talks about his attraction to men in this story.
Sundar talks about his attraction to men in this story.
- Collective Statement by The Queer Muslim Project on Abrogation of Article 370 Aug 8 2019
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(187,731 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,606 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,022 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,548 views)
- Different(15,435 views)