Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
The ASSAF-UNAS May 2015 report is a must-read for policy- and law- makers dragging their feet on decriminalisation of homosexuality in India.
Orinam also opposes prejudice based on community, caste, place of origin, ethnicity, ability, religion, and other visible and invisible markers of identity.
Adding a third gender or "T" category does not suffice to make the Ministry of External Affairs NALSA-compliant if it stills requires proof of surgery for recording a change of gender. Further, not all transgender people seek to identify as "T", and are at liberty to identify as M or F, per the judgement.
Sappho for Equality seeks submissions for the fourth National Queer Conference 'Femininities and Masculinities' scheduled for 11th to 13th September, 2015, Kolkata.
Indira writes of her experiences coming out as a transwoman and dyslexic in a multi-national company in India.
Announcement of What will people say collective and their call for submission for their Tamil Queer Zine and Blog.
Full text of 'RIGHTS OF TRANSGENDER PERSONS BILL (2014) moved in the Rajya Sabha by Tiruchi Siva, Member of Parliament from DMK, Tamil Nadu.
Police dept. of Cyberabad has arrested murderer of Pravallika, hijra murdered in Jan 2015, and taken action against its own for sexually assaulting S.
- Xukia takes on transphobic news editor in Assam Mar 30 2017
- Anil Divan: A friend of the LGBT community Mar 23 2017
- wide open spaces Mar 22 2017
- Queer and Women’s representation in mainstream cinema: videocast of HQFF panel discussion Mar 17 2017
- Seeking participants for survey on Sec 377 and well-being Feb 13 2017
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,187 views)
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(62,898 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(41,352 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,342 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,327 views)