Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
There's a new hazard to Indian college students on the horizon, and it's particularly toxic for LGBT youth and women of all sexualities. It takes the form of Abhishek Clifford, the CEO of an NGO named Rescue.
Presentation on transgender rights and the law, from the workshop-discussion facilitated by Siddharth Narrain at Nazariya, Delhi, in August 2015.
Prerana Kudur from Ondede and Gowthaman Ranganathan from Alternative Law Forum have compiled powerful testimonies of transgender people in Karnataka.
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Seeking participants for online survey of cis gay/bi men above 40 in India Mar 1 2019
- Nandini Krishnan’s ‘Invisible Men’ and the not-so-invisible Trans Men: a timeline
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(177,820 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,226 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,977 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,470 views)
- Different(15,338 views)