Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
Recommendations to India's Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from trans and ally groups and collectives
Disability-rights NGO Equals seeks contextual clarity on concepts in Rights of Transgender Persons Bill (2015) borrowed from Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill 2013, both drafted by MSJE.
There's a new hazard to Indian college students on the horizon, and it's particularly toxic for LGBT youth and women of all sexualities. It takes the form of Abhishek Clifford, the CEO of an NGO named Rescue.
- [film review] ‘Marielle’s legacy will not die’: a viewpoint from India Jul 15 2020
- Out, Proud and Liberated: Reflections of a former officer in the Indian Army Jul 1 2020
- [podcast] Colours of Pride: A Talk on Gender, Sex and Sexuality Jun 29 2020
- My closet: safe haven, graveyard of dreams Apr 21 2020
- Locked Down in the Time of COVID-19: Safety and Self-Care for Queer and Trans Persons Apr 13 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(205,748 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,665 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,187 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,837 views)
- Different(15,496 views)