Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
Recommendations to India's Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from trans and ally groups and collectives
Disability-rights NGO Equals seeks contextual clarity on concepts in Rights of Transgender Persons Bill (2015) borrowed from Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill 2013, both drafted by MSJE.
There's a new hazard to Indian college students on the horizon, and it's particularly toxic for LGBT youth and women of all sexualities. It takes the form of Abhishek Clifford, the CEO of an NGO named Rescue.
- My closet: safe haven, graveyard of dreams Apr 21 2020
- Locked Down in the Time of COVID-19: Safety and Self-Care for Queer and Trans Persons Apr 13 2020
- Financial support for queer people impacted by corona virus-induced lockdown Mar 29 2020
- Lotus Zine Vol 1 : Anthology of South Asian LGBT+ art and literature Feb 12 2020
- “My mother’s smile is as warm as before and I am still my father’s Chinnu”: Alok’s coming out story Jan 1 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(203,476 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,508 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,167 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,782 views)
- Different(15,492 views)