Prerana Kudur from Ondede and Gowthaman Ranganathan from Alternative Law Forum have compiled powerful testimonies of transgender people in Karnataka.
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
We believe that reservation in education and employment is the only solution to this situation. To advocate for reservation, we are conducting a state-wide protest on 17 August, 2015, at 3 pm at Valluvar Kottam, Chennai.
People are fond of asking thirunangais: “Why can’t you work honestly? Why do you do sex work? Why do you ask for money at shops?” Watch this video of Vaishnavi, Chennai’s first thirunangai auto and cab driver responding to such questions.
The ASSAF-UNAS May 2015 report is a must-read for policy- and law- makers dragging their feet on decriminalisation of homosexuality in India.
Orinam also opposes prejudice based on community, caste, place of origin, ethnicity, ability, religion, and other visible and invisible markers of identity.
Adding a third gender or "T" category does not suffice to make the Ministry of External Affairs NALSA-compliant if it stills requires proof of surgery for recording a change of gender. Further, not all transgender people seek to identify as "T", and are at liberty to identify as M or F, per the judgement.
Sappho for Equality seeks submissions for the fourth National Queer Conference 'Femininities and Masculinities' scheduled for 11th to 13th September, 2015, Kolkata.
Indira writes of her experiences coming out as a transwoman and dyslexic in a multi-national company in India.
Announcement of What will people say collective and their call for submission for their Tamil Queer Zine and Blog.
- Collective Statement by The Queer Muslim Project on Abrogation of Article 370 Aug 8 2019
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(187,431 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,596 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,021 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,548 views)
- Different(15,435 views)