Adding a third gender or "T" category does not suffice to make the Ministry of External Affairs NALSA-compliant if it stills requires proof of surgery for recording a change of gender. Further, not all transgender people seek to identify as "T", and are at liberty to identify as M or F, per the judgement.
Archive for authorOrinam
Orinam.net is a bilingual website (Tamil and English) associated with the Chennai-based social-support-arts-advocacy group Orinam. The site contains information on alternate sexualities and gender identities and resources for the public, media, healthcare, educational institutions, workplaces, and family members of LGBT people. Our voices – The Orinam blog features news and views, personal stories and creative writing by Queers and allies.
Sappho for Equality seeks submissions for the fourth National Queer Conference 'Femininities and Masculinities' scheduled for 11th to 13th September, 2015, Kolkata.
Indira writes of her experiences coming out as a transwoman and dyslexic in a multi-national company in India.
Announcement of What will people say collective and their call for submission for their Tamil Queer Zine and Blog.
Full text of 'RIGHTS OF TRANSGENDER PERSONS BILL (2014) moved in the Rajya Sabha by Tiruchi Siva, Member of Parliament from DMK, Tamil Nadu.
Police dept. of Cyberabad has arrested murderer of Pravallika, hijra murdered in Jan 2015, and taken action against its own for sexually assaulting S.
The US-based 377 No Going Back Initiative fund seeks applications from India-based organisations working to challenge Sec 377.
The social networks are abuzz with the news of a certain Tamil Nadu cadre IAS officer, Mr. C. Umashankar, at a Christian rally promoting homophobia, with a Tamil translation of the obligatory Leviticus quote dissing man-on-man action. The call for homosexuals…
- [poem] Semblance of an Ode to Desire… Oct 10 2020
- Madras Week 2020: Tales of the Queer City Sep 2 2020
- [film review] ‘Marielle’s legacy will not die’: a viewpoint from India Jul 15 2020
- Out, Proud and Liberated: Reflections of a former officer in the Indian Army Jul 1 2020
- [podcast] Colours of Pride: A Talk on Gender, Sex and Sexuality Jun 29 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(207,858 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,851 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,247 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,908 views)
- Different(15,503 views)