Archive for authorGuest Author
Orinam.net Guest Author
Musings on the fludiity of desire sparked by the author's experiences of living in Chennai in the 1980s, with additional reflections on what this could mean for gay rights discourse that was taking root in India in the '90s.
Chennai Dost founder Vikranth reflects on visibility, community and the meaning of Pride in his blog post
my butch: poem by desinorse/Jaya
Ed: This report by Pallav describes an incident at the Friday Jan 13, 2012, fundraiser for Mumbai’s Queer Azaadi March. It is being shared on Orinam with consent of the author. Follow the QAM blog for updates, and support their efforts!…
Equations change when that special someone gets downgraded to Ex. Families on both sides are instantly forgotten and abandoned; friends are torn apart and left hanging clueless; anniversaries and birthdays are like Friday the 13th; and gifts and pictures are packed in cartoon boxes, labeled with a skull and crossbones and put in the attic. Chandra D and his Ex-files.
The LGBT 'movement' in india is about 15+ years old, has spread beyond the handful of metro cities, is staggering in its diversity of peoples who are accommodated within, and, the frequency of LGBT related events and happening around the country is increasing exponentially. Also, certain LGBT experiences which were ubiquitous a couple of decades ago, have all but disappeared. Hence it might be time to start thinking about an LGBT archive in India.
- Film review: Subverting Bollywood Romance in Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Feb 11 2019
- Narthaki Nataraj: India’s first trans Padma awardee Jan 27 2019
- Collective Statement against the Anti-LGBTQIA+ legislations in India Dec 27 2018
- Chennai: Summer of 2004 Dec 25 2018
- Trans, Gender NonConforming and Intersex Collectives Strongly Condemn Kinnar Akhada’s Support for Ram Temple at Ayodhya, India Nov 24 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(164,627 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,939 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,901 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,420 views)
- Different(15,296 views)