A piece Sam Obeid wrote for Pride Week and performed at an open mic in Florida, USA.
Archive for authorSamira Obeid
Samira Obeid or Sam as most know her is a writer, multimedia content producer and creative thinker above all. An Indian butch lesbian originally from Chennai, she uses her identity and her pen as a way to create dialogue about the human existence that is often difficult to open up to an audience. She likes to believe she is a advocate of truth and liberty in its rawest forms, and has every intention of proving herself along life's every path. On an honest note, she loves entertaining a unsuspecting audience.
- Coming out for India: beyond the 377 verdict Jul 14 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- poem: How do we go home? Jun 18 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(144,000 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,384 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,806 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,339 views)
- Different(15,208 views)