The socio-legal and politico-economic conditions of transgender people in India are at a very strange juncture. India has recriminalized homosexuality through the Kaushal judgement on the one side and upheld the right to choose one's gender identity vide NALSA vs. Union of India on the other.
Archive for authorVyjayanti
Vyjayanti Mogli is transgendered, a Learning and Development professional, and a pro-bono board member of Wajood Society in Hyderabad. She has intervened in the honourable Supreme Court of India Koushal case through her affidavit highlighting medical abuse through reparative therapy and how recriminalisation encourages such unscientific and unethical medical practices.
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(185,138 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,501 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,008 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,529 views)
- Different(15,349 views)