The socio-legal and politico-economic conditions of transgender people in India are at a very strange juncture. India has recriminalized homosexuality through the Kaushal judgement on the one side and upheld the right to choose one's gender identity vide NALSA vs. Union of India on the other.
Archive for authorVyjayanti
Vyjayanti Mogli is a transgender woman, Learning and Development professional, and activist in Hyderabad. She has intervened in the honourable Supreme Court of India Koushal case through her affidavit highlighting medical abuse through reparative therapy and how recriminalisation encourages such unscientific and unethical medical practices.
- My Boyfriend is a Scam 3 Comments
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள் 55 Comments
- Ghosts of things past: a male rape survivor speaks 32 Comments
- My Bisexual Story: Suri 36 Comments
- Dharun and Ravi: Two Different Worlds 35 Comments
- Once Upon a Time: Fairy Tales for the Queer Desi 34 Comments