Our Voices The Orinam Blog
On the second anniversary of the infamous Koushal judgement, a petition to repeal Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code.
The socio-legal and politico-economic conditions of transgender people in India are at a very strange juncture. India has recriminalized homosexuality through the Kaushal judgement on the one side and upheld the right to choose one's gender identity vide NALSA vs. Union of India on the other.
Cases such as Sumita Kumari v. State of West Bengal violate NALSA and show the lack of understanding of multiple disadvantages and discrimination faced by transgender people in India, writes Akhil Kang.
There's a new hazard to Indian college students on the horizon, and it's particularly toxic for LGBT youth and women of all sexualities. It takes the form of Abhishek Clifford, the CEO of an NGO named Rescue.
- Film review: Subverting Bollywood Romance in Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Feb 11 2019
- Narthaki Nataraj: India’s first trans Padma awardee Jan 27 2019
- Collective Statement against the Anti-LGBTQIA+ legislations in India Dec 27 2018
- Chennai: Summer of 2004 Dec 25 2018
- Trans, Gender NonConforming and Intersex Collectives Strongly Condemn Kinnar Akhada’s Support for Ram Temple at Ayodhya, India Nov 24 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(164,807 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,941 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,902 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,421 views)
- Different(15,296 views)