Our Voices The Orinam Blog
My law students’ group work turned out to be a reward in the otherwise daunting journey of my attempts to sensitise the campus community on LGBT issues.
Presentation on transgender rights and the law, from the workshop-discussion facilitated by Siddharth Narrain at Nazariya, Delhi, in August 2015.
Prerana Kudur from Ondede and Gowthaman Ranganathan from Alternative Law Forum have compiled powerful testimonies of transgender people in Karnataka.
We believe that reservation in education and employment is the only solution to this situation. To advocate for reservation, we are conducting a state-wide protest on 17 August, 2015, at 3 pm at Valluvar Kottam, Chennai.
People are fond of asking thirunangais: “Why can’t you work honestly? Why do you do sex work? Why do you ask for money at shops?” Watch this video of Vaishnavi, Chennai’s first thirunangai auto and cab driver responding to such questions.
Saathi, IIT Bombay's LGBTQ resource group, oriented the 2015 incoming batch students on LGBTQ issues with a video featuring allies.
By defining particular categories and particular forms of embodiment, rights are conceptualised legally to exclude many trans* bodies and lives, as illustrated by cases in Malaysia and India.
- Coming out for India: beyond the 377 verdict Jul 14 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- poem: How do we go home? Jun 18 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(140,553 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,301 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,793 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,329 views)
- Different(15,203 views)