Prerana Kudur from Ondede and Gowthaman Ranganathan from Alternative Law Forum have compiled powerful testimonies of transgender people in Karnataka.
Our Voices The Orinam Blog
We believe that reservation in education and employment is the only solution to this situation. To advocate for reservation, we are conducting a state-wide protest on 17 August, 2015, at 3 pm at Valluvar Kottam, Chennai.
People are fond of asking thirunangais: “Why can’t you work honestly? Why do you do sex work? Why do you ask for money at shops?” Watch this video of Vaishnavi, Chennai’s first thirunangai auto and cab driver responding to such questions.
Saathi, IIT Bombay's LGBTQ resource group, oriented the 2015 incoming batch students on LGBTQ issues with a video featuring allies.
By defining particular categories and particular forms of embodiment, rights are conceptualised legally to exclude many trans* bodies and lives, as illustrated by cases in Malaysia and India.
The slow death of the list-serves! Loosing our queer history to social media and how to prevent some of its fallout?
That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
I realized that I was trying so hard to fight the shame attached to me being gay that I somehow overlooked to fight the shame that is attached to my caste. I began to accept my caste within my engagement with my sexuality.
- Collective Statement by The Queer Muslim Project on Abrogation of Article 370 Aug 8 2019
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(187,430 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,596 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,021 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,548 views)
- Different(15,434 views)