Our Voices The Orinam Blog
LABIA's Chennai dissemination of Breaking the Binary is on Saturday, May 11, 2013, 5 pm - 9 pm at Dhyana Ashram, Chennai 600028.
Living Smile Vidya, an actor, writer, artist and Chennai-based transwoman, has been awarded a scholarship by the Charles Wallace India Trust to pursue theatre in the UK.
The refusal of a Canadian bridal boutique to allow transwoman Rohit Singh to try on a bridal dress, on the grounds that it would make other customers uncomfortable, sparked a protest by Gender Equality Society of Saskatchewan, and support from multiple quarters.
Prashanth recounts his personal journey over the past year: a year that has given him confidence to accept who he is, confidence to drop plans of marriage to a girl, and confidence to come out to a really close friend.
Orinam contributor Suri and author Mahesh Natarajan share their thoughts on the recent Delhi incident
The author, a member of the Orinam list, reflects on how she managed to overcome several depression that was linked, in part, to her struggles to accept her gayness.
- My Boyfriend is a Scam 3 Comments
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள் 55 Comments
- Ghosts of things past: a male rape survivor speaks 32 Comments
- My Bisexual Story: Suri 36 Comments
- Dharun and Ravi: Two Different Worlds 35 Comments
- Once Upon a Time: Fairy Tales for the Queer Desi 34 Comments