Our Voices The Orinam Blog
Thanks to all who attended the performances of talented SriLankan-Tamil-American performer YaliniDream and guest artists Sharanya Manivannan and Shailja Patel on Jan 29, 2011, at Spaces, Besant Nagar. The event was co-hosted by The Shakti Resource Center and MP/Orinam.Here are some photos and videos of the event.
A mother talks about how she came to term with her son's sexuality and why she supports him.
"Telling Our Stories" - Sivagami Subbaraman [Talks given at various Washington DC Asian and S. Asian LGBTQ community organizations]
A look at the accomplishments of various Chennai LGBT groups in the year 2009
After the concert when I went to do my pranaams to Ma, her foster son remarked to her in Bangla, Ma! Look at this child! What bhakti! She looked into my eyes while she answered him, No! It is more than Bhakti. I was glad someone understood it and my eyes went watery.
Despite where we are with each other, he still is my favorite “Murattu Payal” and the very thought of him still brings a smile on my face.
Something Stupid - fiction by Author Mahesh Natarajan
In this essay Ganesh talks about his attraction to men and his concerns around the reactions his parents might face from relatives and society
Velu talks about his attraction to men in this story.
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(102,602 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,240 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(47,374 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(28,185 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,561 views)