On Tuesday Feb 22, 2011, TV9's Hyderabad station aired a tasteless, homophobic and dangerous 'expose' of Hyderabad's gay scene.
Our Voices The Orinam Blog
A group of LGBT folks have come together to launch a LGBT support website targeted towards LGBT people living in smaller towns and rural areas of India.
Dr. Naisargi Dave's Ph.D. dissertation from the University of Michigan (2006) discusses Lesbian and Gay activism in New Delhi, India
Interesting article written in 2003 by Sandip Roy, former editor of Trikone Magazine, on how LGBT Indians and other South Asians have been using the internet to socialize, organize, and form communities.
Click on this image to read the LiveMint's Sept 17, 2010, article on Shobhna Kumar and her Queer Ink online bookstore and publishing initiative Queer Ink, India’s first online bookstore (www.Queer-Ink.com) for everything queer, seeks YOUR stories for an…
In a petition that has just been admitted by the Supreme Court leading academics and professors from across the country have come together to support the Delhi High Court’s decision in the Section 377 case, Naz Foundation v. Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, decriminalizing homosexuality between consenting adults.
Thanks to all who attended the performances of talented SriLankan-Tamil-American performer YaliniDream and guest artists Sharanya Manivannan and Shailja Patel on Jan 29, 2011, at Spaces, Besant Nagar. The event was co-hosted by The Shakti Resource Center and MP/Orinam.Here are some photos and videos of the event.
A mother talks about how she came to term with her son's sexuality and why she supports him.
- The Love Circles Apr 17 2018
- Tranform 2018 – Trans Rights and the Law: conference in Bangalore Apr 4 2018
- Introductory workshops in LGBTIQA+ peer counselling Mar 24 2018
- Queer Coimbatore: visible, unabashed, unapologetic Mar 4 2018
- The Glass Closet: queer students’ experiences on Indian higher-ed campuses Nov 6 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(131,337 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,011 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,721 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,271 views)
- Different(15,178 views)