Update on Feb 21, 2015, is here We, the members of Telangana Intersex Hijra Transgender Samiti of Hyderabad, request your solidarity in our fight for justice in this transphobic world. After forty brutal attacks with knives and rocks on almost sixty…
Archive for the category News and Views
Living Smile Vidya's open letter to Shankar, director of the Tamil "I", epic in its transphobia.
Video, lyrics and translation of 'Hijraalante Yevaru' rendered by Sarath Naliganti at the historic rally for trans rights at Hyderabad, Oct 10, 2014
Approximately 167 members of the hijra/transwoman community were detained by the police and kept at the Beggar’s colony. They were released today.
Press release with information on the police violence that led to Iliyana taking her own life, in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Orinam invites submissions in the form of essays, stories, interviews and poems by South Asian LGB cispeople in marriages to individuals of the other sex, by trans individuals in marriages they entered into (or were forced into) based on their gender assigned at birth, and by spouses of such queer/trans people.
Saturday Oct 11, 2014 in Chennai: Orinam-Nirangal joint meeting on occasion of Coming Out Day, 5th Anniversary of Campaign for Open Minds, and discussion on forthcoming strategies and activities.
- Coming out for India: beyond the 377 verdict Jul 14 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- poem: How do we go home? Jun 18 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(140,552 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,301 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,793 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,329 views)
- Different(15,203 views)