In my opinion, it is baseless to claim that caste preference pertains to urban lifestyle choices and practices. To believe that participation in the family’s rituals and practices should be restricted to members of their own caste, and justifying it by saying that outsiders may not understand it, is unfair and unjust. Ritual is not Quantum Mechanics, is it? Can one not learn it, and live by it?
Archive for the category News and Views
On the occasion of IDAHOT 2015, student initiative Techfest and Saathi at IIT Bombray launched 'A Hesitant Hug', a campaign to end homophobia and transphobia.
On 24th April 2015, the Rajya Sabha unanimously passed the "Rights of Transgender Persons Bill 2014". This primer described whom the bill covers, what are the rights guaranteed under the bill, who are the duty bearers under the law and what is the enforcement mechanism. Written by Danish Sheikh.
Sappho for Equality seeks submissions for the fourth National Queer Conference 'Femininities and Masculinities' scheduled for 11th to 13th September, 2015, Kolkata.
For the last two years, my phone has led dual lives. Two of my strongest identities - one male and one female - have been enabled on my phone. From Whatsapp to Gmail, from Tumblr to facebook, tinder and OkCupid, and a lot more apps and services have allowed me to carry on living my female life inside an office where gender roles are rather strictly enforced, more out of tradition and fear than by policy, but nonetheless.
Announcement of What will people say collective and their call for submission for their Tamil Queer Zine and Blog.
Full text of 'RIGHTS OF TRANSGENDER PERSONS BILL (2014) moved in the Rajya Sabha by Tiruchi Siva, Member of Parliament from DMK, Tamil Nadu.
Police dept. of Cyberabad has arrested murderer of Pravallika, hijra murdered in Jan 2015, and taken action against its own for sexually assaulting S.
The US-based 377 No Going Back Initiative fund seeks applications from India-based organisations working to challenge Sec 377.
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(185,139 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,501 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,008 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,529 views)
- Different(15,349 views)