What we need in the workplace is an atmosphere of continuous and intrinsic inclusiveness that is not contingent on people being out. Such an atmosphere is not created merely by companies jumping on the gay-friendly bandwagon because of commands from headquarters or new policy imposed on a local office by the powers that be. Knowledge, sensitivity and genuine intent to address LGBTQ issues are the needs of the hour.
Archive for the category News and Views
Announcement of the India LGBT Archives meeting to be held Aug 17-18, 2013, in Bengaluru.
Are you a friend, family member, classmate, colleague or other ally of an LGBTI person? Submit a five min video to our Catalysts for Inclusion: Orinam Ally Video contest and be featured at Reel Desires 2013, Chennai International Queer Film Festival.
LABIA's Chennai dissemination of Breaking the Binary is on Saturday, May 11, 2013, 5 pm - 9 pm at Dhyana Ashram, Chennai 600028.
Living Smile Vidya, an actor, writer, artist and Chennai-based transwoman, has been awarded a scholarship by the Charles Wallace India Trust to pursue theatre in the UK.
The refusal of a Canadian bridal boutique to allow transwoman Rohit Singh to try on a bridal dress, on the grounds that it would make other customers uncomfortable, sparked a protest by Gender Equality Society of Saskatchewan, and support from multiple quarters.
Orinam contributor Suri and author Mahesh Natarajan share their thoughts on the recent Delhi incident
- Out, Proud and Liberated: Reflections of a former officer in the Indian Army Jul 1 2020
- [podcast] Colours of Pride: A Talk on Gender, Sex and Sexuality Jun 29 2020
- My closet: safe haven, graveyard of dreams Apr 21 2020
- Locked Down in the Time of COVID-19: Safety and Self-Care for Queer and Trans Persons Apr 13 2020
- Financial support for queer people impacted by corona virus-induced lockdown Mar 29 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(204,890 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,603 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,182 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,810 views)
- Different(15,495 views)