LesBit's response to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment's Rights of Transgender Persons Bill (2015)
Archive for the category News and Views
Jan 2, 2016: The South India Transgender Samithi held a consultation on the Government of India’s Rights of Transgender Persons Bill, 2015 on the 30th of December. The Consultation brought together community members from across South India at the Indian Social…
Disability-rights NGO Equals seeks contextual clarity on concepts in Rights of Transgender Persons Bill (2015) borrowed from Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill 2013, both drafted by MSJE.
On the second anniversary of the infamous Koushal judgement, a petition to repeal Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code.
On 29th November 2015 Delhi marked its 8th anniversary of the Delhi Queer Pride. Queer individuals, allies, friends and families took to the streets of the city to celebrate the diversity of gender and sexuality. This years pride made a strong statement on casteism. Dalit queer individuals Akhil Khang, Dhiren Borisa, and Dhrubo Jyoti made the below statement on stage when the pride march concluded.
- Experiences of Queer Students During their School Life in India Apr 8 2017
- How the Anti- Discrimination and Equality Bill affects the LGBT Community and Those Perceived to Belong to the LGBT Community Apr 3 2017
- from Chennai, an anthem for lesbian love Apr 2 2017
- Gauri, Gayatri, and the Vicks ad Mar 30 2017
- Xukia takes on transphobic news editor in Assam
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(70,129 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,194 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(41,753 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,444 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,361 views)