Archive for the category News and Views
On the second anniversary of the infamous Koushal judgement, a petition to repeal Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code.
On 29th November 2015 Delhi marked its 8th anniversary of the Delhi Queer Pride. Queer individuals, allies, friends and families took to the streets of the city to celebrate the diversity of gender and sexuality. This years pride made a strong statement on casteism. Dalit queer individuals Akhil Khang, Dhiren Borisa, and Dhrubo Jyoti made the below statement on stage when the pride march concluded.
The socio-legal and politico-economic conditions of transgender people in India are at a very strange juncture. India has recriminalized homosexuality through the Kaushal judgement on the one side and upheld the right to choose one's gender identity vide NALSA vs. Union of India on the other.
Cases such as Sumita Kumari v. State of West Bengal violate NALSA and show the lack of understanding of multiple disadvantages and discrimination faced by transgender people in India, writes Akhil Kang.
- Not legal doesn’t mean illegal: The situation for queer individuals in India Jul 7 2017
- Irresponsible Police Action and Media Reportage on LGBTQIA+ issues : Bengaluru Jul 6 2017
- Breaking the Binary: a LABIA research study Jun 20 2017
- No Pride: T. Nhaveen and the brutality of gender Jun 16 2017
- Breaking Binaries May 11 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(91,246 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,226 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(44,358 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,863 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,474 views)