Archive for the category Personal Stories
Bubbly writes to her parents and sister in Chennai, explaining why she cancelled her engagement.
My law students’ group work turned out to be a reward in the otherwise daunting journey of my attempts to sensitise the campus community on LGBT issues.
Prerana Kudur from Ondede and Gowthaman Ranganathan from Alternative Law Forum have compiled powerful testimonies of transgender people in Karnataka.
That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
I realized that I was trying so hard to fight the shame attached to me being gay that I somehow overlooked to fight the shame that is attached to my caste. I began to accept my caste within my engagement with my sexuality.
- Xukia takes on transphobic news editor in Assam Mar 30 2017
- Anil Divan: A friend of the LGBT community Mar 23 2017
- wide open spaces Mar 22 2017
- Queer and Women’s representation in mainstream cinema: videocast of HQFF panel discussion Mar 17 2017
- Seeking participants for survey on Sec 377 and well-being Feb 13 2017
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,187 views)
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(62,898 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(41,352 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,342 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,327 views)