Archive for the category Personal Stories
Bubbly writes to her parents and sister in Chennai, explaining why she cancelled her engagement.
My law students’ group work turned out to be a reward in the otherwise daunting journey of my attempts to sensitise the campus community on LGBT issues.
Prerana Kudur from Ondede and Gowthaman Ranganathan from Alternative Law Forum have compiled powerful testimonies of transgender people in Karnataka.
That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
I realized that I was trying so hard to fight the shame attached to me being gay that I somehow overlooked to fight the shame that is attached to my caste. I began to accept my caste within my engagement with my sexuality.
- Seeking participants for survey on Sec 377 and well-being Feb 13 2017
- Gee Semmalar on Trans Health Care
- PSBT for LGBT: seeking film proposals on engaging with sexualities Jan 26 2017
- Queering the Red: Asmita Sarkar, Jadavpur University Jan 16 2017
- The making of India’s first disability-accessible Pride: Namma Pride, Bengaluru, 2016 Jan 1 2017
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,172 views)
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(51,999 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(40,766 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,197 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,263 views)