Archive for the category Personal Stories
That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
I realized that I was trying so hard to fight the shame attached to me being gay that I somehow overlooked to fight the shame that is attached to my caste. I began to accept my caste within my engagement with my sexuality.
Purush comes out to his parents, wife, close relatives and friends through this letter.
Nadika explains why she supports buying ethical queer porn.
Indira writes of her experiences coming out as a transwoman and dyslexic in a multi-national company in India.
Raveen, a straight guy in Pune, shares insights from his experiences of having a friend recently come out to him.
To those who insist on me mentioning a label, I usually say “genderfluid”. parts
Sex change is my farewell to 23 years of being, trying to be, pretending to be and for days to come, trying to give being a chance.
- [poem] Semblance of an Ode to Desire… Oct 10 2020
- Madras Week 2020: Tales of the Queer City Sep 2 2020
- [film review] ‘Marielle’s legacy will not die’: a viewpoint from India Jul 15 2020
- Out, Proud and Liberated: Reflections of a former officer in the Indian Army Jul 1 2020
- [podcast] Colours of Pride: A Talk on Gender, Sex and Sexuality Jun 29 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(207,382 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,802 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,229 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,885 views)
- Different(15,501 views)