Musings on the fludiity of desire sparked by the author's experiences of living in Chennai in the 1980s, with additional reflections on what this could mean for gay rights discourse that was taking root in India in the '90s.
Archive for the category Personal Stories
Chhanda Dutta speaks of her journey towards unconditional acceptance of her son Avinaba.
Jo, a gay woman and doctoral student in Chennai, reflects on the struggle to be true to oneself and one's love, against all odds.
Prashanth recounts his personal journey over the past year: a year that has given him confidence to accept who he is, confidence to drop plans of marriage to a girl, and confidence to come out to a really close friend.
The author, a member of the Orinam list, reflects on how she managed to overcome several depression that was linked, in part, to her struggles to accept her gayness.
I have been trying to have relationships for many years now. I mean romantic relationships, each of which I have entered always with the great conviction that it will last for the rest of my life. After many trials and errors,…
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(184,571 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,462 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,006 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,520 views)
- Different(15,349 views)