In this page we aggregate resources relevant to formulation of comprehensive laws/policies against discrimination that are inclusive of various forms of discrimination, such as sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, caste, and ethnicity. Feel free to contribute resources [especially legal analyses and commentary] to this section.
Shashi Tharoor’s Bill
Anti-discrimination and Equality Bill, 2016 introduced by MP Shashi Tharoor on March 10, 2017 [download]
Commentary on the Shashi Tharoor Bill
- Shukla, Surabhi, 2017. How the Anti- Discrimination and Equality Bill affects the LGBT Community and Those Perceived to Belong to the LGBT Community. Orinam. April 3, 2017.
- Dutta, Saurav. 2017. Anti-Discrimination Bill: India needs comprehensive law to punish prejudice, uplift diversity. FirstPost, March 18, 2017
- LiveLaw Research Team. 2017. “Shashi Tharoor’s Equality Bill Is A Way Of Realising Ambedkar’s Vision Of A Discrimination-Free India”, Says Oxford Academic, Tarunabh Khaitan.LiveLaw.in, March 18, 2017
- LiveLaw Research Team. 2017. Congress MP Shashi Tharoor Introduces Anti-Discrimination And Equality Bill In Lok Sabha [Read The Bill]. LiveLaw.in, March 15, 2017
Other Resources: India
- Khaitan, Tarunabh. 2016. Draft Central Equality Bill 2016.
- Khaitan, Tarunabh. 2015. Delhi Equality Bill [draft]. Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi.
- ALF and NLSIU. 2014. Report on the Proceedings of Bangalore Consultation on Anti-Discrimination Laws. NLSIU Dec 22, 2014
- Choksi, Avani. 2014. The Racism Quandary. Journal of Indian Law and Society. September 14, 2014
- Lawyers Collective. year unknown. Anti-Discrimination/Sex Equality
Other Resources: Global
- L&E Global Knowledge Center. year unknown. Anti-discrimination laws around the world
- Fredman, Sandra. 2012. Comparative study of anti-discrimination and equality laws of the US, Canada, South Africa and India. European Network of Legal Experts in the nondiscrimination field.