Media-related posts from the Orinam Blog
- Irresponsible Police Action and Media Reportage on LGBTQIA+ issues : Bengaluru (7/6/2017) - Unethical, irresponsible and misleading coverage by Bangalore Mirror and Public TV further jeopardize the situation of two women in the city.
- Xukia takes on transphobic news editor in Assam (3/30/2017) - Guwahati queer collective Xukia successfully reported a transphobic video, resulting in a prominent Assamese news channel terminating their Managing Editor.
- Homosexuality Is Not Against Nature, Homophobia Is (2/3/2014) - Arvind Raghavan critiques pseudo-scientific arguments used to oppose LGBT rights.
- Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013 (4/2/2013) - This year, Orinam is pleased to bring you Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013, a collaborative effort between Orinam and Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai, with the support of other local collectives. The festival will be held on three evenings from July 11-13, 2013, and will showcase Indian and international feature films, shorts and documentaries. We invite entries for screening at the event. Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and selections notified by 15 May 2013.
- Time to drop B and T from LGBT: Biphobic and Transphobic Piece on Hyderabad Pride (2/8/2013) - L.Ramakrishnan and Vijay Mogli respond to Dean William's Biphobic and Transphobic piece on Hyderabad Pride
- Colours of Sexuality – Chennai Queer Film Festival 2012 Brochure (6/13/2012) - Brochure: Colours of Sexuality Chennai Queer Film Festival 2012
- IBN7 Zindagi Live feature on mothers of gay and lesbian children (4/30/2012) - IBN7's Zindagi Live hosts an exceptional series of interviews with mothers of children who are gay or lesbian. Compered by Richa Anirudh, the 39 minute episode, primarily in Hindi, features Chitra Palekar, Padma Iyer, Amita Sharma and Shobha Doshi.
- Junior Vikatan coverage of Chennai protests against Azad (7/16/2011) - Thanks to Kavin Malar from Junior Vikatan, for the positive coverage of Chennai protests against Indian health minister Azad's homophobia.
- Press Statement: Mental Health Professionals criticize Union Health Minister’s Statement on Homosexuality (7/6/2011) - A group of qualified mental health professionals practicing as psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, behavioral psychologists, social workers and counselors from across the country criticize health minister Azad's homophobic remarks.
- Media Workshop and Press Meet, Chennai: May 27-28, 2011 (6/7/2011) - A report on Chennai Pride 2011 event "Facing the media".Organized by Asma, this workshop offered guidelines to the LGBT community on how to deal with the media.
- Chennai Pride 2011: Press Meet Excerpt (5/28/2011) - Video excerpt of press meet for Chennai Rainbow Pride 2011, held on May 28 at the Press Club in Chepauk, Chennai
- The TV9 Debacle (3/6/2011) - In a bi-continental Skype discussion on March 6, 2011, MP members Aniruddhan, Praveen, LRamki, Shri and Velu discuss the TV9 response and related issues around privacy, media and community support.
- The TV9 debacle (2/23/2011) - On Tuesday Feb 22, 2011, TV9's Hyderabad station aired a tasteless, homophobic and dangerous 'expose' of Hyderabad's gay scene.
This post is also available in: தமிழ் (Tamil)