With the explosion of social media and micro-blogging options, we at Orinam have turned to Twitter (Follow us @chennaipride) to post links to media coverage of LGBT issues in India. Hashtags #377updates and #QueeringMadrasWeek have been popular.
Also, media coverage specific to Section 377 is over at 377.orinam.net, operational since the Supreme Court judgement of December 11, 2013.
Besides the above, the following legacy content is being linked here for archival purposes:
Queer Media Watch on WordPress [May 2001-Jan 2009]: initiated pre-Orinam by a community member who eventually became an Orinam volunteer and helped establish our first website http://qmediawatch.wordpress.com
Queer Media Watch on Blogger [July 2006] for Tamil language content: http://www.queermediawatch.blogspot.in/2006_07_01_archive.html
and some miscellaneous links after the website was established, below:
Orinam.net greatly appreciates the following media entities for their sensitive, inclusive and fair coverage of LGBT issues in India. We would like to see more!
- May 2011: Dinakaran: ஜூன் முழுவதும் நடக்கிறது சென்னை வானவில் விழா
- Aug 2009: Dinakaran: ப்ளீஸ், இவைகளையும் நேசிங்க!
- July 2011: Ananda Vikatan : மாத்தி யோசி!
- Oct 2007: Ananda Vikatan : ஞானியின் “அறிந்தும் அறியாமலும்”    
- Don’t dither on Section 377
- Judgment on Section 377 welcomed
- Delhi High Court strikes down Section 377 of IPC
Can do better 🙁
Orinam.net is disappointed by the coverage of below media entities. We hope these entities would take initiatives to sensitize their journalists, columnists, editors and other employees on LGBT issues and encourage sensitive coverage of LGBT issues in future.
- அன்புடன் அந்தரங்கம்: அனுராதா ரமணன் (Read Aniruddhan Vasudevan’s reaction)
- அன்புடன் அந்தரங்கம்: சகுந்தலா கோபிநாத் (Read Gaysifamily’s post condemning the article here)