Relevant posts from Our Voices – The Orinam Blog
- Keeping Rainbows Undimmed (3/17/2014) - Be it Koushal vs Naz or Batra vs Penguin Books India, such unimaginative and inhuman readings of either Law or Lore, represent different fronts in the same larger struggle.
- Reason, Prejudice and the Case for LGBT Rights: report of a panel discussion held Feb 23, 2014 (3/11/2014) - Report and video recording of a panel discussion organized by Chennai Freethinkers with Orinam, as part of Thinkfest 2014 on Feb 23, in Chennai.
- Many Savitas (11/30/2012) - India has a lot of work to do when it comes to women's sexual and reproductive freedom and rights
- No more Raksha Bandhan! (7/30/2012) - Isn't it hypocritical of Indian men to celebrate Raksha Bandhan on one hand and perpetuate violence against women on the other?
- Ancy and Andy (7/22/2012) - I read my sister's diary entries about her feelings of confusion, desire and guilt mixed with her overbearing desire to be faithful to God. Her death has taught me the importance of being honest to myself.
- Acceptance and Denial (7/15/2012) - One year after coming out to her parents as trans, Brenda still finds them in denial and hoping she will return to being their son.
- My Son is like Krishna! (3/3/2012) - Sudha Santhanam explains how she came to terms with her son's sexuality and accepted him unconditionally. Translated by Niruj Mohan Ramanujam.
- Poem: We Adapt (10/25/2011) - A Queer Navaratri poem by Jaya
- Brihannala By Aniruddhan Vasudevan (3/5/2011) - Brihannala: a performance piece by Aniruddhan Vasudevan. Recorded live at the Chennai-Madras Local event at Spaces, Besant Nagar, Chennai, on March 5, 2011.
- Queering (my) Bharatanatyam (10/8/2009) - After the concert when I went to do my pranaams to Ma, her foster son remarked to her in Bangla, Ma! Look at this child! What bhakti! She looked into my eyes while she answered him, No! It is more than Bhakti. I was glad someone understood it and my eyes went watery.
- On Faith and Homosexuality (10/8/2008) - Love child narrates how he reconciled his sexuality with his Christian faith.
This post is also available in: தமிழ் (Tamil)