Archive for the tag gender
Short story by Angshuman
Presentation on transgender rights and the law, from the workshop-discussion facilitated by Siddharth Narrain at Nazariya, Delhi, in August 2015.
That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
I realized that I was trying so hard to fight the shame attached to me being gay that I somehow overlooked to fight the shame that is attached to my caste. I began to accept my caste within my engagement with my sexuality.
To those who insist on me mentioning a label, I usually say “genderfluid”. parts
Sex change is my farewell to 23 years of being, trying to be, pretending to be and for days to come, trying to give being a chance.
Reflections on the immediate implications of the NALSA judgement for transgender communities.
- Xukia takes on transphobic news editor in Assam Mar 30 2017
- Anil Divan: A friend of the LGBT community Mar 23 2017
- wide open spaces Mar 22 2017
- Queer and Women’s representation in mainstream cinema: videocast of HQFF panel discussion Mar 17 2017
- Seeking participants for survey on Sec 377 and well-being Feb 13 2017
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,187 views)
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(62,898 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(41,352 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,342 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,327 views)