Archive for the tag gender
Short story by Angshuman
Presentation on transgender rights and the law, from the workshop-discussion facilitated by Siddharth Narrain at Nazariya, Delhi, in August 2015.
That people were making this very linear connection between my request for a gender-neutral certificate and trans* identity alarmed me. To lay claim to trans* identity, in today’s world, is to lay claim to certain narratives and lived experiences that are not mine.
I realized that I was trying so hard to fight the shame attached to me being gay that I somehow overlooked to fight the shame that is attached to my caste. I began to accept my caste within my engagement with my sexuality.
To those who insist on me mentioning a label, I usually say “genderfluid”. parts
Sex change is my farewell to 23 years of being, trying to be, pretending to be and for days to come, trying to give being a chance.
- Queer Coimbatore: visible, unabashed, unapologetic Mar 4 2018
- The Glass Closet: queer students’ experiences on Indian higher-ed campuses Nov 6 2017
- Vishal goes to Vivekananda College: a fairy tale Nov 5 2017
- Standing Out Sep 30 2017
- The Right to Privacy: The Promise for full Recognition of Transgender Rights Aug 28 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(129,851 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,273 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(59,573 views)
- என் அக்கா ஒரு லெஸ்பியன்(31,053 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(28,923 views)