Archive for the tag mental health
When bigotry against women and LGBTIQ* people impedes mental healthcare, it not only worsens the condition of the patient but holds back humanity as a whole.
The recent expose of Delhi's "conversion therapy" racket highlights the substandard quality of medical practitioners in India and their lack of understanding of mental health science.
Letter informing Dr Raju, General Secretary, Indian Psychiatric Society, that homosexuality is not an illness that needs to be classified and managed.
The author, a member of the Orinam list, reflects on how she managed to overcome several depression that was linked, in part, to her struggles to accept her gayness.
- 6-9-18: Message from a father Sep 9 2018
- Minuscule Minorities, #StandWithKerala Aug 20 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(150,853 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,561 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,842 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,364 views)
- Different(15,217 views)