Letter to the Standing Committee on the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2016 ( Nov 4) and addendum based on national consultation held Nov 1, 2016.
Archive for the tag NALSA
The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2016 is an act of violence on the transgender community.
Reflections on India's UN vote, the Supreme Court clarification on LGB inclusion within T, and the anniversary of Naz (2009) ruling on Sec 377.
The socio-legal and politico-economic conditions of transgender people in India are at a very strange juncture. India has recriminalized homosexuality through the Kaushal judgement on the one side and upheld the right to choose one's gender identity vide NALSA vs. Union of India on the other.
Cases such as Sumita Kumari v. State of West Bengal violate NALSA and show the lack of understanding of multiple disadvantages and discrimination faced by transgender people in India, writes Akhil Kang.
- Breaking Binaries May 11 2017
- LGBT Workplace Symposium Chennai: May 19, 2017 May 9 2017
- TransVision: new community video channel by transpeople in India Apr 27 2017
- Experiences of Queer Students During their School Life in India Apr 8 2017
- How the Anti- Discrimination and Equality Bill affects the LGBT Community and Those Perceived to Belong to the LGBT Community Apr 3 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(79,357 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,204 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(42,463 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(27,605 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,393 views)