Archive for the tag NALSA
Letter to the Standing Committee on the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2016 ( Nov 4) and addendum based on national consultation held Nov 1, 2016.
The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2016 is an act of violence on the transgender community.
Reflections on India's UN vote, the Supreme Court clarification on LGB inclusion within T, and the anniversary of Naz (2009) ruling on Sec 377.
The socio-legal and politico-economic conditions of transgender people in India are at a very strange juncture. India has recriminalized homosexuality through the Kaushal judgement on the one side and upheld the right to choose one's gender identity vide NALSA vs. Union of India on the other.
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Seeking participants for online survey of cis gay/bi men above 40 in India Mar 1 2019
- Nandini Krishnan’s ‘Invisible Men’ and the not-so-invisible Trans Men: a timeline
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(177,821 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,226 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,977 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,470 views)
- Different(15,338 views)