Archive for the tag NALSA
Letter to the Standing Committee on the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2016 ( Nov 4) and addendum based on national consultation held Nov 1, 2016.
The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2016 is an act of violence on the transgender community.
Reflections on India's UN vote, the Supreme Court clarification on LGB inclusion within T, and the anniversary of Naz (2009) ruling on Sec 377.
The socio-legal and politico-economic conditions of transgender people in India are at a very strange juncture. India has recriminalized homosexuality through the Kaushal judgement on the one side and upheld the right to choose one's gender identity vide NALSA vs. Union of India on the other.
- 6-9-18: Message from a father Sep 9 2018
- Minuscule Minorities, #StandWithKerala Aug 20 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(150,813 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,561 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,842 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,364 views)
- Different(15,217 views)