Archive for the tag South Asia
Interesting article written in 2003 by Sandip Roy, former editor of Trikone Magazine, on how LGBT Indians and other South Asians have been using the internet to socialize, organize, and form communities.
"Telling Our Stories" - Sivagami Subbaraman [Talks given at various Washington DC Asian and S. Asian LGBTQ community organizations]
Despite the existence of desi queer collectives and communities here in DC, the responses and reactions of many Americans (both white and black people) to the visible presence of a queer person coming from India (me, in this case) have been a wee bit strange for me.
- Collective Statement by The Queer Muslim Project on Abrogation of Article 370 Aug 8 2019
- Poem: From Ten Months Ago Jul 3 2019
- Sahodaran-UNESCO: Bullying of sexual/gender minority students in Tamil Nadu Jun 14 2019
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(187,431 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,596 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,021 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,548 views)
- Different(15,435 views)