Archive for the tag Tamil Nadu
Sahodaran, one of Tamil Nadu’s oldest LGBT+ organisations, has conducted and published a study on bullying of sexual/gender minority persons as students, based on recollections by adults. The mixed-methods study was conducted in Chennai, Vellore, Salem, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Coimbatore, Trichy and…
A young gay man from India writes about how he overcame depression and suicidal thoughts
Living Smile Vidya, an actor, writer, artist and Chennai-based transwoman, has been awarded a scholarship by the Charles Wallace India Trust to pursue theatre in the UK.
Prashanth recounts his personal journey over the past year: a year that has given him confidence to accept who he is, confidence to drop plans of marriage to a girl, and confidence to come out to a really close friend.
This year, Orinam is pleased to bring you Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013, a collaborative effort between Orinam and Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai, with the support of other local collectives. The festival will be held on three evenings from July 11-13, 2013, and will showcase Indian and international feature films, shorts and documentaries. We invite entries for screening at the event. Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and selections notified by 15 May 2013.
- My closet: safe haven, graveyard of dreams Apr 21 2020
- Locked Down in the Time of COVID-19: Safety and Self-Care for Queer and Trans Persons Apr 13 2020
- Financial support for queer people impacted by corona virus-induced lockdown Mar 29 2020
- Lotus Zine Vol 1 : Anthology of South Asian LGBT+ art and literature Feb 12 2020
- “My mother’s smile is as warm as before and I am still my father’s Chinnu”: Alok’s coming out story Jan 1 2020
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(203,475 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(31,508 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(27,167 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,782 views)
- Different(15,492 views)