Archive for the tag Tamil Nadu
Living Smile Vidya, an actor, writer, artist and Chennai-based transwoman, has been awarded a scholarship by the Charles Wallace India Trust to pursue theatre in the UK.
Prashanth recounts his personal journey over the past year: a year that has given him confidence to accept who he is, confidence to drop plans of marriage to a girl, and confidence to come out to a really close friend.
This year, Orinam is pleased to bring you Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013, a collaborative effort between Orinam and Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai, with the support of other local collectives. The festival will be held on three evenings from July 11-13, 2013, and will showcase Indian and international feature films, shorts and documentaries. We invite entries for screening at the event. Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and selections notified by 15 May 2013.
Chennai Dost founder Vikranth reflects on visibility, community and the meaning of Pride in his blog post
- Coming out for India: beyond the 377 verdict Jul 14 2018
- Indian Psychiatric Society reiterates need for decriminalisation of homosexuality Jul 9 2018
- poem: How to love someone without a gender – a manual in four parts Jul 1 2018
- Tenth Chennai Rainbow Pride 2018: Queer Eye Jun 28 2018
- poem: How do we go home? Jun 18 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(140,185 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,293 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,789 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,329 views)
- Different(15,202 views)