Archive for the tag Tamil Nadu
A young gay man from India writes about how he overcame depression and suicidal thoughts
Living Smile Vidya, an actor, writer, artist and Chennai-based transwoman, has been awarded a scholarship by the Charles Wallace India Trust to pursue theatre in the UK.
Prashanth recounts his personal journey over the past year: a year that has given him confidence to accept who he is, confidence to drop plans of marriage to a girl, and confidence to come out to a really close friend.
This year, Orinam is pleased to bring you Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013, a collaborative effort between Orinam and Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai, with the support of other local collectives. The festival will be held on three evenings from July 11-13, 2013, and will showcase Indian and international feature films, shorts and documentaries. We invite entries for screening at the event. Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and selections notified by 15 May 2013.
- Statement on Ms. Koovagam and Vedanta Apr 17 2019
- Homophobia in Madurai college drives two students to suicide Mar 16 2019
- Response to Law Commission of India on Uniform Civil Code Mar 5 2019
- Seeking participants for online survey of cis gay/bi men above 40 in India Mar 1 2019
- Nandini Krishnan’s ‘Invisible Men’ and the not-so-invisible Trans Men: a timeline
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(178,201 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(30,242 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,977 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,471 views)
- Different(15,338 views)