Archive for the tag Tamil Nadu
Living Smile Vidya, an actor, writer, artist and Chennai-based transwoman, has been awarded a scholarship by the Charles Wallace India Trust to pursue theatre in the UK.
Prashanth recounts his personal journey over the past year: a year that has given him confidence to accept who he is, confidence to drop plans of marriage to a girl, and confidence to come out to a really close friend.
This year, Orinam is pleased to bring you Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013, a collaborative effort between Orinam and Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai, with the support of other local collectives. The festival will be held on three evenings from July 11-13, 2013, and will showcase Indian and international feature films, shorts and documentaries. We invite entries for screening at the event. Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and selections notified by 15 May 2013.
- Queer Coimbatore: visible, unabashed, unapologetic Mar 4 2018
- The Glass Closet: queer students’ experiences on Indian higher-ed campuses Nov 6 2017
- Vishal goes to Vivekananda College: a fairy tale Nov 5 2017
- Standing Out Sep 30 2017
- The Right to Privacy: The Promise for full Recognition of Transgender Rights Aug 28 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(129,858 views)
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(67,273 views)
- ஒரு தாயின் அனுபவம்(59,587 views)
- என் அக்கா ஒரு லெஸ்பியன்(31,072 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(28,923 views)