Archive for the tag Tamil Nadu
A young gay man from India writes about how he overcame depression and suicidal thoughts
Living Smile Vidya, an actor, writer, artist and Chennai-based transwoman, has been awarded a scholarship by the Charles Wallace India Trust to pursue theatre in the UK.
Prashanth recounts his personal journey over the past year: a year that has given him confidence to accept who he is, confidence to drop plans of marriage to a girl, and confidence to come out to a really close friend.
This year, Orinam is pleased to bring you Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013, a collaborative effort between Orinam and Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai, with the support of other local collectives. The festival will be held on three evenings from July 11-13, 2013, and will showcase Indian and international feature films, shorts and documentaries. We invite entries for screening at the event. Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and selections notified by 15 May 2013.
Chennai Dost founder Vikranth reflects on visibility, community and the meaning of Pride in his blog post
- Collective Statement against the Anti-LGBTQIA+ legislations in India Dec 27 2018
- Chennai: Summer of 2004 Dec 25 2018
- Trans, Gender NonConforming and Intersex Collectives Strongly Condemn Kinnar Akhada’s Support for Ram Temple at Ayodhya, India Nov 24 2018
- Remembering Anannya Krishnan: TDOR 2018 Nov 20 2018
- Why we need to talk about Puliyagulam Selvaraj, father of Pariyerum Perumal Nov 12 2018
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(161,654 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,843 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,878 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,400 views)
- Different(15,241 views)