"Telling Our Stories" - Sivagami Subbaraman [Talks given at various Washington DC Asian and S. Asian LGBTQ community organizations]
Archive for the year 2009
A look at the accomplishments of various Chennai LGBT groups in the year 2009
After the concert when I went to do my pranaams to Ma, her foster son remarked to her in Bangla, Ma! Look at this child! What bhakti! She looked into my eyes while she answered him, No! It is more than Bhakti. I was glad someone understood it and my eyes went watery.
Despite where we are with each other, he still is my favorite “Murattu Payal” and the very thought of him still brings a smile on my face.
Something Stupid - fiction by Author Mahesh Natarajan
In this essay Ganesh talks about his attraction to men and his concerns around the reactions his parents might face from relatives and society
Velu talks about his attraction to men in this story.
Shri writes about how he came out to his parents and how they reacted hearing the big news that their son is Gay.
So what are seven things you should NEVER say to your LGBT colleagues? Here’s what GLSEN (the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network), Out & Equal Workplace Project, and PricewaterhouseCoopers executive Stephanie Peel Peel suggest: No. 1: “I suspected you were …
- 377 வழக்கில் தில்லி உயர்நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை ஆதரித்து கல்வி வல்லுனர்கள் உச்சநீதிமன்றத்தில் மனுத்தாக்கல்(66,975 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(23,958 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(23,891 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(16,800 views)
- Protest transphobia from Railway Protection Force (Gujarat)(15,016 views)