"Telling Our Stories" - Sivagami Subbaraman [Talks given at various Washington DC Asian and S. Asian LGBTQ community organizations]
Archive for the year 2009
A look at the accomplishments of various Chennai LGBT groups in the year 2009
After the concert when I went to do my pranaams to Ma, her foster son remarked to her in Bangla, Ma! Look at this child! What bhakti! She looked into my eyes while she answered him, No! It is more than Bhakti. I was glad someone understood it and my eyes went watery.
Despite where we are with each other, he still is my favorite “Murattu Payal” and the very thought of him still brings a smile on my face.
Something Stupid - fiction by Author Mahesh Natarajan
In this essay Ganesh talks about his attraction to men and his concerns around the reactions his parents might face from relatives and society
Velu talks about his attraction to men in this story.
Shri writes about how he came out to his parents and how they reacted hearing the big news that their son is Gay.
- The Love Circles Apr 17 2018
- Tranform 2018 – Trans Rights and the Law: conference in Bangalore Apr 4 2018
- Introductory workshops in LGBTIQA+ peer counselling Mar 24 2018
- Queer Coimbatore: visible, unabashed, unapologetic Mar 4 2018
- The Glass Closet: queer students’ experiences on Indian higher-ed campuses Nov 6 2017
- Video: Growing up gay and Tamil – தற்பாலீர்ப்பு தமிழர்களாய் வளர்ந்த அனுபவங்கள்(131,337 views)
- My Bisexual Story: Suri(29,011 views)
- “This is about you and me”: RJ Balaji on Men(26,721 views)
- Curtains: short film by Nakshatra, 2013(17,271 views)
- Different(15,178 views)