Other parents, friends and family members share their experiences involving LGBT loved ones.
- ‘The smartphone freed me’: a journey of dating as a transwoman (8/19/2015) - In which Nadika describes how Second Life, a smart phone, and dating sites helped her explore dating as a transwoman.
- What I Realised When My Close Friend Came Out To Me (1/21/2015) - Raveen, a straight guy in Pune, shares insights from his experiences of having a friend recently come out to him.
- Why I am a feminist and supporter of LGBT rights (8/22/2014) - Soorya Sriram reflects on his journey into becoming a supporter of gender and sexuality rights.
- Video: Dealing With Family – குடும்பத்தினரை சமாளிப்பது எப்படி? (2/10/2014) - In this hangout, some of Orinam's members who are gay, talk about how they dealt with their family members post coming out.
- To Raghu, with love (9/10/2013) - An Orinam reader reflects on the suicide of his cousin brother.
- No Room for Hatred: A Mother Writes (7/18/2013) - Chhanda Dutta speaks of her journey towards unconditional acceptance of her son Avinaba.
- Poem: A boon she sought! (8/11/2012) - I ask not for the sun or the moon, A dutiful son will not deny a mother her boon
- Statement from Tyler Clementi’s Brother (5/23/2012) - James Clementi, brother of Tyler Clementi, who is also gay, read an impact statement at the courthouse right before Dharun Ravi's sentencing
- IBN7 Zindagi Live feature on mothers of gay and lesbian children (4/30/2012) - IBN7's Zindagi Live hosts an exceptional series of interviews with mothers of children who are gay or lesbian. Compered by Richa Anirudh, the 39 minute episode, primarily in Hindi, features Chitra Palekar, Padma Iyer, Amita Sharma and Shobha Doshi.
- My Son is like Krishna! (3/3/2012) - Sudha Santhanam explains how she came to terms with her son's sexuality and accepted him unconditionally. Translated by Niruj Mohan Ramanujam.
- My feelings at the LGBT parents’ meet in Chennai, by Muthukumar (6/29/2011) - Muthukumar from Lotus Sangam, Kumbakonam who participated in the parents meet (organized as part of Chennai Pride 2011 celebrations) with his mother, talks about his experience. A touching read!
- Parents say 377 destroys families (2/8/2011) - In a petition that has been admitted in the 377 case, a group of parents of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) people from across the country have come together to describe the very real harm that criminalization has caused their children, and themselves.
- My Feelings As A Mother (10/8/2010) - A mother talks about how she came to term with her son's sexuality and why she supports him.
- A Mother’s Take On Handling Extended Family’s Reaction (10/8/2008) - A mother's take on handling extended family's reaction to her son's coming out.
- A Father’s Response – On Facing Society, Pride, The Marriage Question (10/8/2008) - A letter on marriage, family, social circles, relatives and a father's response.
- Experiences of a mother when her gay son came out to her (10/8/2008) - A mother's experiences when her gay son came out to her.
(c) Orinam.net. Please read our copyright policy.
This post is also available in: தமிழ் (Tamil)